Community Partners & Neighbors
The Camp Dudley and Kiniya communities extend beyond our summer family. We work closely with partnerships throughout the country as well as right here at home. These relationships are tremendously important to us, and support and guide us in reaching our mission.
Dudley & Kiniya work closely with several organizations throughout the country…schools, after-school programs, and direct service groups…that we call Community Partners.
Our Community Partners are aligned with our mission so a camper coming through one of these partnerships is living our motto “the other fellow first” year-round, which further enhances their leadership and character development. Some of these partnerships are only a few years old, but others are long-standing, like Baltimore Rotary, which has been working with us for over 25 years.
Community Partners help make a Dudley & Kiniya experience even more accessible by helping us reach an even broader spectrum of communities.
- Identify deserving young people
- Help support them through the application process
- Assist them with preparations for a summer on Lake Champlain
In turn, Dudley & Kiniya commit to making a summer at camp affordable for these families by granting need-based scholarship.
In addition, through our new Alumni Liaison Program, we connect the families and Community Partners with our most significant resource…our alumni. Through this program local alumni act as a support network by serving as mentors and assisting families in preparing for the summer.
Our Current Community Partners
- StreetSquash – New York City & Newark, NJ
- PAVE Academy Charter School – Red Hook, Brooklyn
- Harlem Academy – Harlem, NY
- Deep Creek Middle School – The Bahamas
- The Steppingstone Foundation – Boston, MA
- San Miguel Academy – Newburgh, NY
- Neighborhood House Charter School – Boston, MA
- Horton’s Kids – Washington D.C.
- SquashBusters – Boston, MA & Lawrence, MA
- Baltimore Rotary Club – Baltimore, MD
- Squash Haven – New Haven, CT
- Metro Squash – Chicago, IL
- 716Squash – Buffalo, NY
- Anna Julia Cooper Episcopal School – Richmond, VA
Interested in learning more about our Community Partnerships or the Alumni Liaison Program? Please contact Evan George, our Admissions & Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of the benefits of our amazing home in Westport, NY is access to a wonderful group of neighbors who have chosen to live here and are dedicated to their crafts. As members of the local community, we are proud of our relationships, many of them longstanding, which help us fulfill our Mission.
Our continued emphasis on providing the most nutritious and wholesome food for our camp community finds us working with and buying from many of the wonderful local farms, bakers and growers. A partial list of these partners includes:
- Juniper Hill Farm
- Essex Farm
- Mace Chasm Farm
- Woods and River Farms
- Coon Mountain Maple Syrup
- Kilcoyne Farms
- Champlain Valley Milling
- Dogwood Bakery
- DaCy Meadow Farm
In addition to providing approximately 60 summer jobs for local residents, we are the “Home Field” for the Westport Soccer and Track teams, as well as the Westport Youth Commission’s biddy soccer and baseball programs. We have many local campers in our programs, and host Westport Central School students throughout the year for a series of character education days. Businesses and non-profits that we currently work with include:
- Westport Central School
- Westport Youth Commission
- Elizabethtown Lewis Central School
- Champlain Area Trail System
- Special Olympics New York
- Adirondack Harvest
- Mental Health of Essex County
- Westport Country Club
- Cobble Hill Golf Club
- The Mountaineer
- Homeward Bound Adirondacks
Many Camp Dudley alumni have fallen in love with the area, and have decided to make it their home or home away from home. To learn more about the Town of Westport or to consider spending more time here, please visit the following websites.
- Town of Westport, NY
- Bradamant Real Estate
- Annie McKinley Realtor
- Venture North Associates
- Soundwaves Summer Concert Series
- The Adirondacks
- Nelson’s Cottages
To view recent stories and articles about Camp Dudley, see below.
- Exploring the Timeless Appeal of the Nation’s Oldest Summer Camp – (Kids VT)
- A Summer Camp Study, From the Outside – (RVA NEWS)
- Camp Dudley Returns to Full Strength – (Valley News)
- Westport 6th Graders Come Together at Dudley (Valley News)
- Well Known Camp Gets New Leader (Press Republican)
- Local CSA Features Dudley (Juniper Hill Newsletter)